Comprehensive DBT Treatment
San Fernando Valley DBT now offers a comprehensive DBT program. This includes weekly individual DBT therapy, group therapy, phone coaching, and family consultation as needed. Individual DBT therapists participate in a weekly consultation team with other trained DBT therapists. Clients who participate in all of these components will meet the criteria for a fully treatment adherent DBT program. Participating in non-DBT individual therapy and DBT group alone is not considered to be DBT treatment, even though this may be highly effective for many individuals.
To participate in comprehensive DBT treatment:
- Clients must be willing to work hard and participate fully.
- Clients must be participating in weekly DBT Group therapy.
- Clients must attend regular weekly individual therapy, usually 1-2 times per week depending on the needs of the client.
- Clients must be willing to complete weekly homework assignments.
- Clients will sign a treatment contract with their therapist. This usually happens after 2-6 weeks of “pre-treatment” where clients are introduced to the concepts of DBT. During pre-treatment, the therapist and client will determine which behaviors need to be reduced as well as over all treatment goals and expectations. An initial DBT treatment contract is usually any where from 6 months to 1 year in length and may be renewed at the end of the contract.
- Any client who misses 4 individual or 4 group sessions in a row is considered to have ended DBT treatment. They are no longer able to return to therapy until the end of the contract period.
- Comprehensive DBT treatment is not available through insurance.
- Spaces are limited to contact us today for more information and availability.